Low-income, first-time homebuyers may qualify for a low-interest, deferred payment loan of up to 17% of the purchase price for down payment assistance and 4%, up to $10,000 in closing costs assistance.
- The loan funds must be used to pay a down payment and closing costs on the purchase.
- The home you buy must be your primary residence.
- The purchase price may not exceed $589,000, subject to periodic adjustments
- Qualified buyers’ family income must not exceed 80 percent of the San Diego County Area Median Income, also called the AMI.
- You will need to contribute a minimum of three percent of the purchase price.
- You must not have owned a home in the last three years.
- There are no payments on the loan until you refinance, sell, pay off the first mortgage, or no longer occupy the property as your primary residence.
- Your loan repayment will be made in one payment that equals the original principal loan amount plus any accrued interest.
- You should talk to a lender about your ability to qualify for a mortgage.
- Before you can use this program, you will need to complete an educational class provided by one of these organizations: CalHome/ HUD-approved Homebuyer Education Providers.
- You may be able to use this program to buy a new or resale single-family home, condominium, townhome or manufactured home on a permanent foundation.
- The home you purchase must be in an unincorporated area of San Diego County or in the city of Carlsbad, Coronado, Del Mar, Encinitas, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, Poway, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach or Vista. For all other cities, please contact the appropriate agency for more information.
- Before your loan can be approved, your new house will be inspected to ensure the required standards are met. Please see Before the Inspection.
How to Apply
- Call (888)942-5626 or email us at email@example.com for more information.